Self storage units can be a great help when you have too much stuff and not enough space to keep your belongings. These units are not just great for personal use, but also for businesses. Besides freeing up the much needed office space, they can also help grow sales as well. Join us as we break down some of the factors that make storage units a valuable part of a business:
- Cut back on office space: Your office may be full of equipment, desks, filing cabinets, and paperwork supplies that are just not needed. These pieces can take up a lot of extra space and should be moved if they are not in use. Renting a storage unit for these items can help you reclaim your office space and give employees room top breathe.
- Security: Self storage facilities also provide a high level of security for your archived records and documents. Tax documents typically have to be kept for 7 years past their filing date. Keeping these offsite will help free up the broom closet. Another offsite plus is that they are protected. If something tragic happens to your company, then you know your important documents will be kept safe. So, when you use a self storage unit, you can rest assured that your records will be kept safe and will be well monitored so that no one can reach them without your permission.
- Great alternative to a warehouse: If your business deals with a lot of stock going out and coming in, then you might need a warehouse to keep all these goods. Self storage units can be a great alternative if your company is still midsized. Allowing you to store product off-site will free up office space and keep costs low instead of renting out an expensive warehouse.
- Allow you to buy in bulk: When you buy in bulk, it can save your company extra money in the long run. If you happen to be using a storage unit for document security, try storing your extra bulk items as well! This means you’ll have a little extra space to buy the extra-extra large pack of toilet paper.
- Clean and climate controlled: It’s not easy to keep paper documents in perfect condition when you store them in a cupboard. They could either have a rodent attack or get damaged due to damp or heat. However, when you hire self storage containers, you can have complete peace of mind as many are climate controlled and can keep your documents safe.
Storage units are not only available for businesses, and anybody can use them when in need of some extra space.