The idea of placing your belongings for a short time in a storage unit may come to your mind. However, you need to take steps to ensure that your goods would stay protected from any possible damage in the unit at the self-storage facility. Here are certain tips that would help you to keep your belongings well in the available storage space.
- Store items that you would need frequently at the front.
- Make a center aisle while storing so that you can easily find the items in the unit.
- Use skids or pallets before placing the boxes on the floor for preventing moisture absorption.
- Remove the table tops and furniture legs before placing in the unit to save space.
- As photographs get curled over the time, put two cardboard pieces in between the photos and tape them together. Make sure you have kept these flat in the storage space.
- Remove oil or gasoline from lawn mowers and other such items before storing.
- To keep hoes, rakes or shovels, use trash cans.
- Keep the mattresses covered when placing it on the floor.
- Cover wood surfaces properly.
- Store metal products after wiping these out with rag having few drops of machine oil.
However, it would be wise to visit the facility beforehand to view which private storage unit will perfectly meet your requirements.