Self Storage Tips
New York City offers a number of private storage options spread everywhere- from Manhattan to Bronx. But as a customer looking for safe storage choices in NY, you must be aware of certain tips that will help you pick the right storage facility like- NYC Ministorage.
Choosing A Storage Facility
- Choose the right storage facility for you.
- Check the storage location.
- Check if the facility is secured.
- Check that the hallways are well lit.
- Check that the unit is fully closed walls and celing.
- Check the hours of access.
- Get professional boxes from your storage facility or movers.
- Pack all boxes to the top. Do not overload it.
- Pack heavy items like books in small boxes.
- Protect fragile goods in wrapping paper or bubble wrap.
- Pack pictures and mirrors in boxes marked ‘fragile’ and ‘upright’.
- Use mattress bags to cover mattresses and box-springs.
- Take furniture apart when possible.
- Wrap good furniture with paper or cloth pads.
- Use wardrobe boxes for hanging cloths and suits.
- Empty , clean, and dry appliances before storing.
- Use your own car, van, or
- Rent a truck, or
- Check with your storage facility for help with pick-up.
- If you self load, pack wisely!
- Do not place heavy or sharp objects on mattresses or sofas.
- Pack tight, using similar size objects together.
- Keep things you may need handy near the door.
New York Storage Tip #3 - Check if the facility is secured.
New York Storage Tip #3 - Check if the facility is secured. In this image you can see how we monitoring 24x7 your possession.