If you are packing your belongings for storage units, learn how to wrap fragile and bulky items from this short guide. New Yorkers, you need to be careful while packing these items. Considering the following tips would let you keep these items safe in the self storage unit.
- Start packing the fragile items such as dishes, glasses and the like in clean and sturdy boxes early.
- Cover your breakable possessions with the layers of newspapers, bubble sheet etc.
- Fill the empty spaces in the box with cushions and crushed paper to eliminate the risk of damage to these breakable items during transit.
- Seal the box and label it fragile.
- Do not keep any weight above the fragile box in the unit.
- You must disassemble hard-to-move items like cabinet, bulky sofa and piano before packing.
- Remove all the stands, legs, shelves, cushions to make it smaller and safer to store. By this, you would be able to save the space in the unit.
- Wrap each disassembled item separately and keep them in the same box.
- Label the box holding the parts of a bulky item clearly to avoid any convenience during reassembling later.
- In case, your heavy item cannot be disassembled, measure all its dimensions along with turns and doors in order to move it out of your home without any damage.
A Self-storage facility offers New York storage units in different sizes. You can select the one that can perfectly suit your requirements.