Are you going to store your favorite musical instrument in a NY self storage facility? Read on the following guidelines to make sure it will be in the same condition when you take it out from the storage unit.
- Carefully read the caring guidelines provided with your instrument. A cleaning solution that works on an instrument can destroy the finish of another. Every instrument has its own individual needs; therefore, it is essential to pay attention of the given guidelines.
- Make sure you keep your musical instrument in a polyurethane storage bag.
- You should clean and dry the instrument thoroughly. Treat it with the polish or wax if available. Disassemble the instrument before placing it in the unit.
- It would be wise to keep your musical instrument with its case in the self storage unit. If the interior of case is not in great condition, cover it with acid-free paper.
- If you have hired a self storage in New York City for keeping a musical instrument like a piano, you must cover it properly with a drop cloth before storing it in the unit.
In addition, you can also consider having insurance for your musical instrument. Factoring on the above provided guidelines would help you out in keeping your favorite musical instruments safe in NY storage unit.