7 ways to burglar-proof your home in Manhattan
Let’s say you just moved to New York City. Everything’s just the way you want it to be. However, you also want your home and items to be safe. Because of that, we at NYC Mini Storage are here to share these 7 ways to burglar-proof your home in Manhattan today. Burglaries are quite common in the US. In fact, every 15 seconds, a home burglary happens in the US, which brings us to a whopping 4800 burglaries every single day. Don’t become a statistic- protect your home right away! There are many storage units NYC can offer, but we believe ours are one of the best. Before you ask what storage has to do with burglar-proofing your home, read the article below!
Burglar-proof your home for the following reasons
By burglar-proofing your home, you are doing yourself a huge favor. Although the main targets of a burglar are your possessions, you never know if the intruder has a weapon or not. In other words, it is better to prevent a burglary from happening at all. Fortunately, you will find that there are many home burglar-proofing methods to choose from. You can improve your current Manhattan home security, or you can apply something new. In any case, there are plenty of options for you to choose. The rest of our article will provide you with some tips on how to keep your home safe.
Tips that’ll help you burglar-proof your home
Like we said before, the choices are endless. All you have to do is figure what kind of home security fits your budget and needs.
- Invest in upgrading your surveillance systems. Installing cameras or opting for better ones can help you have a better view of your home. Think of getting security cams for your home: there are many of them, with varying prices and quality. Of course, the higher the quality you want, the more you’ll have to pay.
- Improve the security of your doors. Front and back doors, though they might not seem like it, are definitely a place burglars will try to break into. To avoid lockpickers, install a security lock on each door. If you want to be even safer, a whole new door- a security door, is also a great choice.
- The more secure your house, the better. That’s why you can get additional tools to help you. Burglars are often smart and persistent. Even if you think your Manhattan home is safe, they’ll find a way to get in. Securing windows and patio doors, installing alarms, and other such things, can help a lot.
- If you have any vehicles such as scooters and motorcycles but don’t have a garage, there is a way. Some companies offer the best motorcycle storage NYC has ever seen. If you don’t want anyone touching your precious two-wheeler, renting a storage unit is the way to go.
However, if you’re looking to stay simple, the two crucial things when it comes to securing your home are surveillance and door security.
Additional burglar-proofing tips
To help you up your security game, we have a few more suggestions. The best thing is that you might’ve used some of these things in your last home. Don’t worry though: if you have to buy new ones, you can easily afford them.
- Smart locks are a great way to secure your home and items. You don’t even need a key for it, which means that chances of you losing your key and having someone else find it are zero! A smart lock is easy to install, but their prices are debatable. The more complex the lock, the higher its price. You can buy smart locks online, in case you’re interested in one.
- Loud peel-and-stick alarms can be placed on doors and windows. They can be placed and removed easily, switched on and off, and are loud despite their small size. We warmly recommend buying some of these, though we will say that the cheap variants lack some useful features.
- The storage facilities Manhattan has have great security, so you can also rent a storage room to protect any valuable items you might have. They are clean, controlled and monitored, so you’ll never have to worry about someone breaking into your storage room.
- Patio door locks are a game changer if you have patios. Burglars will do anything to get inside your home, so it is best to secure every entrance you have.
Be smart and stay safe!
There is no such thing as being too secure. This especially applies to people such as students. Burglars don’t care about their victims, all they care about is stealing your items. This is why even a student might want to opt for storage. Companies out there that offer student storage NYC has available can help you greatly. It is better to keep your precious items somewhere safe than to have somebody steal them if they break into your home. However, with good home protection, the chances of a burglar entering your home are very low. Then again, it is better to be safe than sorry and to go all out on keeping your items safe.
The safer you are, the less you will worry
Whether you are an average person, a student, or an elderly person, your safety is important to us. The 7 ways to burglar-proof your home in Manhattan are: using surveillance systems, improving your doors, using smart locks, using peel-and-stick alarms, securing your patio doors, saving old security tools and using storage services in NYC. There are many companies in New York that offer storage services, and NYC Mini Storage is one of them. If you need a place to store your valuables, or just need a place to temporarily store big and clunky furniture in, book your storage ahead of time! What are you waiting for?