Moving with all your belongings becomes quite a stressful task for New Yorkers especially when they are moving out of the city. To make it easier, one option is to store your household goods in a reputable self-storage facility which operates in New York.
Packing for self-storage unit can be confusing. Here are a few tips:
- Wrap the lamp bases with padding. Keep the shades in separate cartons.
- Cover the cartons tops and bottoms with paper.
- Clean and dry the appliances properly before storing them.
- To prevent warp, store the records and record players on the top of the cartons.
- Keep refrigerator and freezer doors slightly ajar.
- Wrap the glass items with wrapping paper or bubble sheet separately.
- Wipe the metal items like bikes with rag having a few drops of machine oil.
- Disassemble the furniture like beds, dining table to save the space for other items in the storage unit.
- Store the furniture and its wood parts together in the same cartons.
- Keep the mirror on edge, not flat.
- Tie all the long handled tools like brooms, racks, hoes together in bundles
- Place mattresses in plastic begs
- Store the Mattresses and box springs on long edges for firm support.
- Label the boxes
These tips can also help you in optimally utilizing the space available in the NYC storage units .