Whether it’s for construction purpose, educational institutions or industrial purposes, a storage unit can provide safe storage to your valuable items. With the much needed extra space, your home or office also gets free from the clutter look. However, there are certain things that you need to keep in mind while looking for the storage facilities.
1) Well maintained storage facility with 24 hours access – You should always look for a neat and tidy storage unit. When you rent a clean storage facility, it signifies that it is well managed and handled by professional staff. Moreover, it’s always better to verify what the access hours are when you rent a storage unit. It would be better if you rent those units that have 24 hours access on all seven days of the week. This will give you an easy access to your items whenever you want.
2) Friendly staff – The staff should be friendly enough to assist you when you require their help. They will help you in deciding the storage unit size according to the quantity of items you have. Besides, they will also help you in deciding whether you need a climate controlled or non-climate controlled unit for your items. If you want to store delicate items or important office documents, if would be better if you hire the climate controlled units.
3) Hand carts and elevator for storing convenience – It’s better to hire those storage units that will provide you hand carts and elevator. Hand carts will help you move your belongings to the innermost units in the building. If you need to store your items in a multiple story building, then you would also require an elevator.
4) Secure gate access – Whichever storage facility you rent, it should be equipped with a secured gate which can be only accessed through a code to make an entry or exit from the storage area. There should be security cameras installed that would monitor the entire storage facility area. This level of security will assist in preventing any kind of theft that might take place.
5) Insurance coverage – You should also ensure that the storage facility provides some kind of insurance cover so that you know that your belongings are in safe hands. The storage unit that you choose should come with security and safety locks.
So, these are a few important considerations that should make while renting a storage unit for your items.