How to protect wooden furniture from damage in storage
If you’re planning on storing your wooden furniture for a long period of time, it’s important to take the necessary precautions to protect wooden furniture from damage in storage. This article about extra space storage NY will provide some tips on how to properly store your furniture to keep it in good condition.
The best way to protect wooden furniture from damage in storage
There are many ways you can protect your beautiful and valuable wooden furniture while you store it in the storage units for some time:
- Before storing your wooden furniture, make sure to clean it thoroughly. This will remove any dirt or dust that could potentially damage the wood.
- Choose a storage unit that is cool and dry. Avoid places that are prone to dampness or excessive heat, as this can warp or damage the wood.
- If possible, wrap your wooden furniture in acid-free paper or cloth before storing it. This will help protect your furniture from scratches or other damage.
- Once your furniture is wrapped and in storage, check on it periodically to make sure that everything is still in good condition.
How to prepare wooden furniture for storage
When it comes to storing wooden furniture, the key is to take the proper precautions in order to prevent any damage from occurring. Here are a few tips on how to best protect your wooden furniture while it is in storage:
- Make sure that the storage unit is climate controlled. One of the most important things to consider when you use short term furniture storage in NYC is the climate control of the storage unit. Woods can be susceptible to warping and cracking in extreme temperatures. So, it is important to make sure that your storage unit is set to a moderate temperature.
- Do not store wooden furniture directly on the floor. To avoid moisture damage, it is best not to store your wooden furniture directly on the floor of the storage unit. Instead, use pallets or something similar in order to raise the furniture off of the ground.
- Use protective coverings. Another way to prevent damage to your wooden furniture while in storage is to use protective coverings such as blankets or sheeting. This will help shield the wood from any scratches or dents that could occur during storage.
The most common mistakes people make when storing wooden furniture
One of the most common mistakes people make when looking for some climate controlled storage Manhattan to store their wooden furniture is not protecting it from damage. Wooden furniture can be easily damaged by moisture, insects, and other elements if it is not properly protected. Also, what you can do is make sure the storage area is clean and dry. Moisture is one of the biggest enemies of wooden furniture. So, you want to make sure the area where you are storing it is as dry as possible. Use mothballs or insect repellents. Insects can also cause damage to wooden furniture. So you want to make sure you use mothballs or some other form of insect repellent in the storage area. Cover the furniture with sheets or blankets. This will help protect the furniture from dust and other elements that could cause damage.
With the right preparation, you can protect wooden furniture from damage in storage without worrying about damage. By following these tips by pick up and storage NY, you can ensure that your furniture will stay in good condition while in storage. With a little bit of effort, you can keep your wooden furniture looking like new for years to come.