Tips for packing and organizing a storage unit
There are a lot of valid reasons to use storage services. Whether you need to declutter, or you’re going through a move, storing away your items can help you reduce stress during the process. NYC Mini Storage is here to help you with exactly this type of service. You want to be able to continue with your tasks without worrying about your possessions. To achieve this, you can investigate some more about packing and organizing a storage unit. With this knowledge and our experience on your side, you’ll have a much easier time when deciding on storage options and preparing yourself for the next step of your journey. We will give you some useful storage tips and we are here to lend a hand in all of your storage-related endeavors.
The process starts with packing
When you’re preparing to store some of your possessions away, be sure they are packed correctly. There are different things you need to do to take care of different types of items. For example, if you’re packing something fragile, you’ll need a lot of padding. You don’t want any of your more fragile items to be able to move around in boxes. Another thing worth noting is the importance of original packaging for some of your things. Your electronic appliances will always be the safest in their original package. Take your time while doing everything. Nothing important can really get done in a hurry. When you’ve patiently packed and prepared all of your things, you can investigate our options, like our storage Bronx NY, to keep your belongings safe and secure.
What to do when packing for storage
The task of packing and organizing a storage unit starts with carefully packed items. There are a few tips we can give you on how to secure your belongings so they can safely remain stored in our units for as long as you need them to. These are a few of our suggestions:
- Wrap your things with cloth – don’t be afraid to make use of old towels and sheets.
- Clean everything – if anything is wet, dry it, if anything is dirty, clean it up. You want your possessions to last a long time.
- Use similar-sized boxes – so you can safely stack them in storage, no matter how many there are.
- Beware of plastic bags – avoid them if you can. They can cause trouble with mildew.
- Carefully seal your boxes – don’t let dust become a problem for you. Get some good tape and seal every box carefully.
- Get your hands on some quality packing materials – everything you do to protect your belongings is a good investment.
What to do when packing and organizing a storage unit
Before you start organizing your storage unit, learn about storage services that are available to you. If you work with us at NYC Mini Storage, you’ll not only get an option for self storage first month free, but you’ll make sure your belongings are stored in fireproof, climate-controlled, clean, and guarded storage units. This is very important and it will save you from worrying about the safety of your items. While you’re packing and organizing a storage unit, there will be a lot of things to plan and to think about. However, you won’t have any stress about what happens after you store your possessions. This should make things easier for you. With that in mind and our tips about organizing storage, everything you own will be safe and taken care of.
How to store different types of items successfully
Depending on what you have to store, there are things you can do to make sure everything is safe. Listed below are some different types of items and how best to store them.
- Furniture – disassemble everything you can, to create extra storage space. Clean everything thoroughly and pad your furniture with cloth.
- Electronics – remove all cords and use the original packaging for anything that you have it available for. You don’t want your electronics to become damaged and unusable, so be patient.
- Clothes – consider using wardrobe boxes, and think about acquiring plastic containers. Your clothes should keep their shape as much as possible.
- Delicate and fragile items – dishes, mirrors, or any other delicate and valuable items need special care. Use quality packing materials. Bubble wrap, cloth, anything will do, as long as you do everything carefully.
Packing and organizing a storage unit
After you finish up packing, feel free to contact us, as one of the best storage companies that pick up, so your things can have an even easier time getting to storage. Now, when the time has come for you to organize your storage unit, there are a couple of things you should do. Firstly, think about what should be in front and what can be left in the back. There will be items you’ll need sooner than others. Secondly, label everything in a way that makes it possible for you to see each label. Thirdly, put heavy items on the bottom. This can sound obvious, we know, but it’s better to be safe than sorry. Lastly, be sure to create and leave a path through your storage unit so you can easily access all of your belongings at any time.
To sum everything up, packing and organizing a storage unit doesn’t have to be a hard task. It is a very useful skill to have, and our storage services can make your life much easier in a lot of different situations. Our storage units are some of the best in the business. Your things will be safe and well guarded, no matter for how long. With just a few steps, you’ll be able to prepare your storage unit to fit all of your needs, while we continue to lend you a hand in everything else we can do to make your life easier with our storage solutions. Give yourself some time to think about everything you can do to make your storage unit the best packed and the best organized for your taste, and we will take care of your possessions as if they are our own.