Tips for Preparing Storage Checklist
Before you decide to relocate from your existing place to new location, there are a few things you will require to organize. Make sure that you have the following things in place:
1. Prepare your Inventory: You need to create a detailed list of all of your belongings, select the items that need to be stored and the belongings that can be disposed of. The process helps in knowing how much you need to store, and finding the perfect storage solution for your requirements.
2. Storage Facility: The moment you get an idea of the volume of items you need to place into storage, you can begin researching storage companies online. You should ensure that the storage company has the capacity to store all of your items.
3. Types of Storage: After you create a list of your valuables, check the type of storage unit you will require. Containerized storage units will protect your belongings and also minimize the handling of your belongings, thus reducing the chance of damage.
4. Source Storage Quotes: You should try to source quotes from professional removal companies or long-standing providers of storage. Smaller providers tend to use third parties for their storage options. Try to ensure that all quotes are coming from providers of high-security storage solutions that offer the services you require, such as professional packing, moving boxes, and packing supplies.
5. Compare Services: It is essential that you compare similar companies and services. You should particularly ask about storage conditions and options like minimum lease and access
6. Finalize the Storage Company: If you are satisfied with the storage unit, you should make a booking based on the volume you may require.
7. Visit Storage Facility: Before moving your valuable items, it is essential to visit the storage facility. The step will help you decide whether the company is capable of protecting your belongings or not. You may also check if the company has installed control systems that can respond to fire.
The above mentioned storage checklist will arm you with all the information you may require to find secure and safe storage that provides great value-for-money.