Tips to Store Electronic Equipment
Need storing your electronics? A proper storage method is advisable when storing these sensitive items. The following are few tips you may what to consider.
1. Dust your electronics off and clean it well. Do not use water.
2. Remove all the cables and connections from the electronic device and place them in a separate compartment. Segregate the cables into groups in relation to their respective appliances and coil them in circles.
3. Cover your electronics with cloths and/or towels. Never use plastic to cover your electronics, since it does not allow air to circulate and hence leads to collection of moisture.
4. Always make sure to remove the batteries. Storage with the battery not removed will cause the battery acid to leak out and this will damage the electrical components within.
5. Since electrical products are fragile, you should always wrap it up with cushiony materials before placing them in any kind of storage. It provides protection of the equipment from possible damages.
6. Storage units come in many different sizes and locations. Climate controlled storage units are more expensive than the basic ones but it is perfect for those electronics that require a certain temperature to store.