Top Storage Tips for New Yorkers
Moving from one place to another with all your belongings is quite a stressful job. An option is to hire a self-storage unit for these items, where you can keep your possessions for an undefined time period at cost-efficient prices. However, there are certain steps that you need to take into account for the safety of your belongings.
- Do not leave empty space in the boxes carrying your belongings.
- Do not keep oil, paint or any other flammable products. In case you don’t have an option, make sure the self storage operator is aware of it.
- Cover the mattresses with plastic sheet and keep these on a horizontal surface.
- Empty jars, vases and watering cans before storing in the unit.
- Store cardboard boxes and furniture off the floor.
- Do not keep perishable food. It would get stale or sour and the box carrying the food would attract vermin.
- To improve airflow and avoid dampness, keep the pathways through your belongings open in the unit.
- Store the items you would need early at the front or top of the stack.
- Keep the items like garden tools, pots, pans inside the drawers or refrigerator.
- Do not forget to label all the boxes clearly before placing them in the storage space, NYC.